Hello Everyone! This is Mo. In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to access 10.0.0.1 and configure your router settings. This IP address is one of the popular default gateways used by many routers.
10.0.0.1 is an IP address that belongs to a private class. This is used to access the router console or admin panel. The manufacturer set this IP address by default. If you want to change anything related to your router, you need to log in to the admin panel. Here is how you can do that.
10.0.0.1 Default Usernames & Passwords:
- Username: admin
- Username: admin
- Username: Cisco
How to Set Up Router Using 10.0.0.1:
Setting up a new router using 10.0.0.1 IP address is really easy. You can do it within a few minutes. You can follow the detailed steps give below.
- Open any web browser and enter any of the following URLs. You need to connect to the local network before you access it.
10.0.0.1 or http://10.0.0.1 or https://10.0.0.1
- You can access it either on your smartphone or laptop.
- An admin page will open.
- If you are accessing this page for the first time, you have to enter the default admin username and password to access the panel.
- I have provided the default username & password combinations above. You can try them to proceed.
- Once you login to the console, you can see various options there.
- You can set up your WI-Fi username and password from the settings.
Important: We recommend you to change the default username and password with custom ones. This is a really important change that provides security to your network.
Unable to Access 10.0.0.1?
Some of you might be having issues when you access 10.0.0.1. Here are some reasons for that and solutions to fix the issues.
- You might be entering the wrong IP address. Most of the users enter 10.0.0.0.1 instead of the correct one,10.0.0.1
- Some of you might be entering www before the IP address. If you do so, you can not access the admin panel.
- Cache & cookies are another reason for the issues. Kindly clear them to avoid further problems.
- If you are unable to figure out the issue, you should simply restart your Wi-Fi network. This is the most common way to fix issues.
Forgot Username & Password to Access 10.0.0.0.1:
Forgetting usernames & passwords is common these days. If you forgot the username or password to access 10.0.0.1, follow the below steps.
- You can find the username and password details on your router box. Find the details and enter them. This works if you did not change the default details to custom ones.
- If you have changed the password and now you do not remember that, there is no other option but to reset your router. This is really simple and you can perform it easily.
How to Reset Your Router:
- Find the reset button and press it for 10-15 seconds. When the lights blink on your router or modem that means you successfully reset your router.
- You can find the reset button at the back of your router.
- Use a sharp object like a pin to press the button.